Saturday, July 12, 2008

Almost There!!!


I thought I would give an update since I haven't posted one in a while. I am now almost 33 weeks pregnant and am HOT & MISERABLE!!! I went to the doctor this past monday and he went ahead and put me on maternity leave because my blood pressure has decided to sky rocket and I had started to dilate. Well as stubborn as I am I decided to work the rest of my schedule for the week at Huntsville Hospital. This in turn lead me to labor & delivery Tuesday night with contractions. They gave me 2 shots of terbutaline to finally stop them. My blood pressure once again was horrible. I followed up with the doctor thursday in his office. He measured me and said the reason I was probably so miserable and my blood pressure so elevated was due to her measuring 38 WEEKS!!! I am a rather short person, there is not much room for her to go. He said she is just a BIG baby!!! REALLY??? The doctor told me that I definetly would not make it to my delivery date of 40 weeks and it was very unlikely that I will make it to 38 weeks. We are going to do everything that we can to keep her in until Aug 18, I will officially be 38 weeks then. Keep us in your thoughts and prayers and I will do my best to keep you updated!!! I've also posted a 4D picture of her from a couple of weeks ago. She would not cooperate....



2 comments:

James, Paige, and Taylor Wamble said...

so sorry to hear that. you will be in our thoughts and prayers!! i know that feeling of being ready to pop and miserable.. especially in the heat of the summer. my taylor came 8 days early and i had to go to the hospital exactly a week before she arrived with contractions. they sent me home to wait it out.. and boy that was NOT fun!! but, it is important for you to rest and prop your feet up.. probably what the doctor already told you. i know you are excited to meet her!! post pics as soon as she arrives!!

Bo, Tori, and Brayden said...

April- we will be praying for you. I hope you get some relief. Can't wait to pics of her! keep us updated!